Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Just a low grade sinus infection I think. But those always seem to the hardest to shake off. No fever. I'm just low on energy is all. It'll pass in a day or two.

Been searching out some work to do once I'm back in Wisconsin. I want to help out with my Pop has much as possible but I don't want to be overly available either or I'll be spending more time than I care to. Something I can do more on my own terms would be perfect and I have a couple of interesting prospects already.

My two little princesses had their kinder care school pics taken last week. Rylan loves posing for pics whereas Rory always has a look on her face like is this gonna be over soon I think it's getting close to snack time.....LOL.

sister2021.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Lancpudn, Digger and Paruwi like this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It's not really that big of a deal. I've replaced every fan in my towers at least once. Best I've found for being quiet are the ones from Noctua. I've had 3 (120mm) on my entertainment center that have running more or less non-stop since 2014 and one that came from the previous set up that's even older. If the house has power, they run. Nary an issue other than having to clean cat fur out of the fan guards every so often.

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It’s been a while since I’ve done one but the fact that I have done them means it can’t be that hard!

Today is a donut day! No not zero, real yummy donuts! Meeting friends at Big Bear Donuts in Lakes Entrance to pig out! (well I might eat 1/2 to one donut but I’ll buy a couple more for later, as in the next few days.) It’s a good excuse to meet friends and have a donut picnic by the sea. We aren’t supposed to visit in our homes just yet but will get away with it outside. I’ve got plenty to do here here but a break will be good for us....well maybe not the waistline...Grin~

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    soulman969, Raiyn and Paruwi like this.
  4. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

I swapped out the fan from another desktop that was quiet & even the power unit to no avail :dunno: It's the fan speed more than anything else as it goes full tilt (as if it's about to take off :D) from the get go switching it on.
    I've looked in the BIOS & the quietest/lowest speed option is ticked.

Need to get another Flu jab appointment sorted out today.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So friends picked us up before 10 yesterday morning and we had a leisurely drive down to Lakes Entrance to visit the much discussed donut outlet, Big Bears. OMG they looked delicious and we bought half a dozen between us to share.
    [​IMG]

They are bigger than normal donuts and there were some repeats as we all wanted to try the “White Chocolate & Raspberry". I’ve never tasted a donut like this and the texture was fine and soft, the interior full of white chocolate with the consistency of custard and a large blob of raspberry jam. It was amazing! I went back and bought 2 more to take home plus a Caramel that I just had to try. We sat by the water eating and chatting in the sun.

During the afternoon I did some investigation around the new high def. TV as I wasn't getting the Foxtel 4k channels. I ended up on the phone to the Foxtel help line to discover there was a setting I’d overlooked and after a reset, Voila, we had 4k. I also discovered that YouTube has a few channels in Hi Res inc. both 4 & 8k. it’s amazing!

I ended up happy with my day.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Noctua.... They have little resistor jumpers to take the speed down if you need it to be more quiet. Costs a bit of airflow mind you, but they're quiet from the hop.

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Lancpudn

Dear me! Those look seriously tasty :drool: It would be impossible not to walk past that shop.

I ended up replacing a couple of small decking boards that had rotted out yesterday afternoon as the weather turned out nice.

Digger and soulman969 like this.
  8. Lancpudn

I've retired it again :thumb: there's no way I can listen to that whirring away. It can stay there as an emergency PC :D

soulman969 likes this.
  9. soulman969

I gained 5lbs just from looking at this photo. :drool:

[​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Just eat a bowl of miniature sweetened fiberglass pillows err... Frosted Mini Wheats, you'll have room tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Chuckle...they are seriously bad....er? Good!

I have one left for today after which I think I might have to drive the long way around after seeing the temptations that lie within that town~

Pipes are clean? I wish! If that were the case then I’d be buying donuts every day....grin~

soulman969 likes this.
  12. soulman969

We all have our weaknesses Rob. Mine is the Blueberry Pudding Cake they sell at my local supermarket. If I see those on sale I'm hooked.

[​IMG]

Lancpudn, Digger, Raiyn and 1 other person like this.
  13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

My brother and I are listening to the Vikings game on our hometown radio station 900 miles apart and 1300-1800 miles from the station.

Gotta love the internet.

[​IMG]
    SKOL!

Yeah, we're 1-3, but nobody ever said MN sports fans weren't masochists.

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm...that looks nice SM! I must get a couple of blueberry plants and get them in the ground.

soulman969 likes this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Pretty cold and wet yesterday but I managed to get a trip to the recycling centre in and then processed a lot of fish ready for cooking. Some was for tea, the rest went in the freezer ready for another time. A few bits are waiting for me to cook for lunch and go into a wrap with a few thinly sliced veggies.

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  17. soulman969

I bring one home swearing to myself that I will only enjoy it with my coffee in the morning. That lasts about half a day before I'm taking it out of the fridge and nibbling away at it with a fork convincing myself that's not the same as cutting myself a whole slice......:facepalm:. Within 48 hours, it's gone. :rofl:

Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

That’s why we impose limits and standards on ourselves....and....then go and ignore them! Grin~

soulman969 likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

That will be the holy grail for long distance travel/freight transport.
    I've been reading a bit about 'Green Hydrogen' & you guys down under are set to become the new Saudi Arabia for clean renewable energy.
    Russia wanted to supply Europe with 'Blue Hydrogen' using their vast reserves of natural gas but with the carbon capture equipment they would need it would be even more expensive than Green Hydrogen.

Petrol & Diesel are about to get more crazy expensive here as they're changing the way they tax fossil fuels!
    Petrol & diesel have been traditionally taxed by volume but shortly they will be taxed by the amount of pollution they emit :shock:
    The big oil companies now have to buy Carbon Credits on the ETS (emission trading system) to continue selling the stuff, It's already at a record price of €61/tonne.

They've been trialling LNG on the big trucks in EU/UK with huge LNG tanks on them but they've put the kybosh on them because research has shown it's as dirty as diesel. :shock:
    https://www.transportenvironment.or...d-for-the-climate-as-diesel-in-on-road-tests/

[​IMG]

20. soulman969

Limits....limits....limits? Oh yeah. Those things my parents tried to instill in me when I was a teenager. I remember those. Hmmm.....didn't work then either. :rofl: