Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

So, 2-3 now, that almost ended badly. The Vikings let Detroit (0-5)"hang around" too long and it put the game on the foot of our kicker. This should have been a done deal against a winless team and it was nearly botched.

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Our dog groomer is coming today to clip our Border Collie Bella. I haven’t told Bell yet as I like to surprise her~

We need to reduce her coat quite a bit this time of year before the heat arrives.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Lancpudn, soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  3. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, a lot of people relied on liquid propane in big tanks outside the house for heat and some for cooking. Most of the LP places had a truck converted to run on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), and that seemed to work well enough, but I’m not sure about environmental impact. I like the hydrogen fuel cell idea, as I couldn’t drive to my mothers house and back to Memphis without a lengthy charging stop. That said, the neck snapping acceleration of an EV sounds totally wicked cool.

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  4. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Everything with a tailpipe emission is public enemy #1 over here :frown: & they're determined to put an end to the fossil fuel era ASAP.
    Yeah I must admit the instant acceleration is fun & really surprises you how quick these EV's are. :dude: Heaven knows what those Tesla's are like if my cross-over MG is anything to go by.

I'm getting forgetful! Went to put the wheelie bins out by the side of the road this morning & saw a washing line full of soaking wet laundry :facepalm: I pegged them out to dry yesterday & forgot all about them:rolleyes: Of course it's been raining for most of the night.:o

Paruwi, soulman969 and Digger like this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Don’t feel too bad Ian as things like that happen to me quite often too....It’s called getting “old fartish”!

Bell got a deep haircut yesterday and looks a different dog! She’s still awfully cute though. I pulled a swallows nest out from over our back door yesterday and cleaned up the mess. Then I put a couple of blocks of wood with 12lb nylon fishing line up there and so far it seems to have them bamboozled. There were no eggs in the nest as I caught it still drying (mud) I have no illusions that I have won but it’s interesting to find something that might deter them.

Paruwi, soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  6. Lancpudn

The local cretin decided he'd set off some fireworks at 02.30 this morning :mad: It was past 03.00 when he finished. I'll be glad when Guy Fawkes night (5th Nov) has been & gone.

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  7. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Tough week here. I'm doing battle with my fall mood swing. Extra sleep is the best medication 'til the fog clears. It's never fun but at least it's predictable.

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I bought a new BP machine yesterday! Our old one died a while ago.

First try I got 119/60 which surprised me a lot. My pulse was 95 though as I’d just found another swallows nest and a big mess out over the BBQs. Trying a different deterrent strategy and no it doesn’t involve anti aircraft guns...Grin~

Lancpudn, soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  9. Lancpudn

I bought a bag of 100 mixed daffodil bulbs the other day so I spent most of yesterday planting them in the borders & planters ready for next Spring.
    The four 'cherry bomb' chilli plants in the greenhouse are slowly ripening & turning red so we might just get a good batch of them to stuff with cheese & roast in the oven with some olive oil.

Missus has got a long list of jobs for me to do but I'm doing zip, nada, nowt today as my backs complaining from all the bending whilst planting those bulbs yesterday. :thumb:

Paruwi, Digger and soulman969 like this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We went into town yesterday and lucked out with a table at a very good cafe/restaurant in town for a bite of lunch.

Leaving there we found that the Honda Accord was making noises louder than my diesel so we took it to our mechanic.
    Left it there getting Gael’s sister Roz to get us and run us home. It’s to do with the motor and sounds very expensive!
    I guess we will be without it for some time.
    Sigh~

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  11. Lancpudn

Yikes! That doesn't sound good mate, Hope it's an easy fix & not too hard on the pocket. Honda have pulled out of the UK/EU because they cant meet the emission standards any more and are not making any more petrol/diesel vehicles for sale here after this year.:shock: They closed their Swindon car plant here earlier this year.

Digger likes this.
  12. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

And yet over here, we have “scholars” claiming that wind farms upset the natural wind flow, and let us not forget our windmill cancer scare of last year. :facepalm:

Lancpudn, Digger and soulman969 like this.
  13. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Noisy engines are never a good sign. Hoping the best for you. :cheers:

Lancpudn, Paruwi and Digger like this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Well... It's not like he was the first nutbar to tilt at windmills.

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I can remember being on a cruise ship approaching the mouth of the Mersey River a couple of years ago, waking up and seeing these huge wind towers in the sea in misty conditions. They looked magnificent and were a feature of that day for sure.

A couple of mates and I did a tour of a wind farm constructions site one day. The manager was a cousin of my mate Bill so we were allowed in to have a look. We stood beside working towers and the noise was nothing intrusive. The towers were back filled with soil and seeded as they were on a couple of working farms and cows happily grazed at their base.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    Lancpudn likes this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We picked up Roz and the 3 of us had a beautiful meal at a good Chinese restaurant last night. First time for ages!

Crook weather so it might be a quiet day on the “farm” today!

Paruwi likes this.
  17. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Depending on if when I win the Lottery, if my reasonable 3/3 or 3/2 lakeside house doesn't materialize perhaps I'd buy some farmland and plant windmills. It'd be in dairy country, so I'm sure the neighbor wouldn't mind setting thier bovine brethren loose on some free grazing land. If not, well I guess I'd just have to follow Digger's lead and get an appropriate tractor rig and mow it.

Edit: I just went and bought both my November and December pedal projects.
    I'll have to paint the November project.
    [​IMG]
    Any guesses based off the color?

The December project had a painted enclosure available, meaning that I'll have more time on my hands because I won't need repeated coats of paint.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  18. Lancpudn

Love that colour it's my favourite, I had a small arm band tattoo done in that colour when at a weekend music festival many moons ago.

Raiyn likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

LOL, We get.....They're 'killing all the birds' :shock: I was reading yesterday that they're going to install 63 Huge 13MW offshore wind turbines off the coast of Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts.

We need more over here as energy prices are going through the roof, I'm dreading my Winter utility bills coming in :ohno: Natural gas is up 250% this year alone & electricity prices have gone up by 30% too.

Everything to do with energy is going through the roof here :frown:, I came past our local BP petrol station this morning & the price of petrol is rising too, £6.43/UK gallon = $8.85 = AUD11.91 = CAN10.94 = €7.62. Diesel is even more expensive than that.

20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I thought it evoked a bit of Bondai, or Hanalei Bay.
    No guesses?
    [​IMG]

Don't worry, Uncle Vladdy isn't trying to manipulate natural gas supplies just so he can get his new pipeline bypassing Ukraine. That's not something yet ol' pal Putin would ever do. Nudge nudge wink wink.

At some point, I'd imagine we'll end up sending over some LNG tankers.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Lancpudn likes this.