Where’s Lancpudin?

Digger

Reaction score
Going down to our daughter Kellie and her husband Grant before lunch and they are taking us out in their recently bought 43’ luxury cabin cruiser to ultimately end up at a jetty in Paynesville to head across for lunch. Ostensibly this is still part of Gael’s birthday celebrations. Chris and his wife and Greg (both sons) are here for lunch today. Pics will no doubt follow!

Yesterday I slashed and carted soil to do some more filling of veggie frames. Slow going as it has to be carted across by shovel as I can’t get the tractor close enough to dump it.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Nice
Going down to our daughter Kellie and her husband Grant before lunch and they are taking us out in their recently bought 43’ luxury cabin cruiser to ultimately end up at a jetty in Paynesville to head across for lunch. Ostensibly this is still part of Gael’s birthday celebrations. Chris and his wife and Greg (both sons) are here for lunch today. Pics will no doubt follow!

Yesterday I slashed and carted soil to do some more filling of veggie frames. Slow going as it has to be carted across by shovel as I can’t get the tractor close enough to dump it.

Nice one mate, Sounds like a great family day out. I'm still waiting to hear from the guys with the horse manure delivery, Twice now they've never shown up & didn't bother to ring or email me saying they couldn't make it. Time to look elsewhere.

soulman969

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh......

The weekend is finally here. No hammering, pounding, drilling, sawing through floors, or workman infiltrating my space. There's a limit to just how cooperative I can be before I blow my stack.

Digger

Reaction score
We had a nice day yesterday starting with a trip out on this!
i5PakRnh.jpg

Then lunch out was really good good with family.

soulman969

Reaction score
We had a nice day yesterday starting with a trip out on this!
i5PakRnh.jpg

Then lunch out was really good good with family.

Ah ha, a nautical excursion. :cheers:

If I had a boat
I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony
I'd ride him on my boat
And we could all together
Go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat

Lancpudn

Reaction score
THey're thinking about doing a circumnavigation of Tassie with it!
That's cool, Must be spectacular coastal scenery around Tasmania. I've been trimming more tree branches today whilst it's dry, Our neighbour did me a good favour! He shouted over over can he borrow my double ladders to put the Christmas decorations on their roof (Griswalds type of thing :rofl:) & I mentioned that I couldn't get to the roof edge the other week to clear our gutter downpipe he kindly said no problem I'll do it for you when I've finished here :dude: It was blocked with a handful of old mortar & moss. One less job I need to cross off the list. :yesway:
It's bleedin' freezing and my ears feel like they're going to snap off :shock: so mid afternoon & I'm having a hot toddy to warm me up. :yesway:

soulman969

Reaction score
LOL Nah Horses are money pits, As Raiyn said our daughter has a horse but the stables wont let me get some from muck pile because the ground is a quagmire & you cant get a wheelbarrow down to it yet.

Ha ha, so are some houses and even multi-family complexes like this one as I'm sure the owners are learning. Wait 'til the elevator malfunctions again or the boiler stops working this winter as both have done twice in the last 12 months.

But yes horses are costly to own. When I lived out in the old Ken-Caryl Ranch development they retained the stables and quite a few folks who liked to ride had horses stabled there. One guy whose daughter and mine were little buddies in Kindergarten complained about just how costly it was for him to board a horse. :wow:

The Convert

Reaction score
I’d build my dream house myself. The dream part is being young and strong enough to fell trees and mill the logs. And carry stone. And drive a drop pipe for a well water pump. And stand up a wind turbine. And a hundred other things. Yeah. Dream.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I’d build my dream house myself. The dream part is being young and strong enough to fell trees and mill the logs. And carry stone. And drive a drop pipe for a well water pump. And stand up a wind turbine. And a hundred other things. Yeah. Dream.

My mind still thinks like but my body says Give yer head a good shake you ain't doing squat. :D

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Ha ha, so are some houses and even multi-family complexes like this one as I'm sure the owners are learning. Wait 'til the elevator malfunctions again or the boiler stops working this winter as both have done twice in the last 12 months.

But yes horses are costly to own. When I lived out in the old Ken-Caryl Ranch development they retained the stables and quite a few folks who liked to ride had horses stabled there. One guy whose daughter and mine were little buddies in Kindergarten complained about just how costly it was for him to board a horse. :wow:

She has insurance for the horse which costs a pretty penny in monthly payments but it's a good job she has it as horse vet bills are astronomical :wow:

soulman969

Reaction score
She has insurance for the horse which costs a pretty penny in monthly payments but it's a good job she has it as horse vet bills are astronomical :wow:

Geez, ya' gotta insure horses now just like a car? LOL

Pets of any kind can be costly. My daughter Sarah has two German Shorthair Pointers. They're brothers from the same litter and they horse around and wrestle each other just like human brothers.

Sarah has no children other than those two who are her children and she frequently says that kids would probably be cheaper. Both have had their share of veterinary mishaps and stitches.

But she does love her "boys" and walks them every night when she gets home from work. This is her second pair. The first two were a male and a female who passed away a few years ago at ages 14 and 17.

Otto and Otis are about 5 years old now so she'll have them around quite a bit longer I expect. Like most field dogs they're actually well trained to hunt but not so easily trained to behave in the house and they are big boys.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
LOL yeah we even have our three cats insured too, You never see a poor veterinarian :thumb:

Latest posts