Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Ha ha.....I must have grown "Hobbit Feet". The only time I wear socks is when I'm dressed for a business appointment or have decided to wear lace up tennis shoes. Otherwise I'm either barefoot or I wear slip on loafers or walking shoes.

Jimmy Buffet claimed that after age 40 we don't have to wear underwear any longer and I'm so far past that now I figure I'll just dispense with the socks too.

:D

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

LOL I know the feeling too well :D

[​IMG]

Well no luck with that PC either :frown: I downloaded the Linux on the new HDD on another PC & it ran perfect, Put the HDD into this PC & it crashed almost immediately!!!! :mad:
    It wont boot up on that either :mad: I've put it in the bottom of the wardrobe out of arms way as I've ran out of patience with it & I'll have a look at it again after the Christmas & New year period.:thumb:

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Latest update: USPS has acknowledged it is arriving late. No idea WHERE it is, but definitely late.

4. Lancpudn

I've got the joys of doing the shopping & laundry today :frown: Missus is still not fit enough with her arthritis pain to barely get out of bed let alone walk around the supermarket, The first service is due on the MG ZS EV :shock: Doesn't seem like two minutes since I picked it up never mind almost 12 months ago :wow:Where has that time gone?

soulman969 likes this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Well, USPS finally located my sister's package, which will be arriving two days later than scheduled. I shudder to think what would happen if it hadn't been sent "Priority"

6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

My anniversary for the D-Max is the 24th and I still have 7000 kilometres before it’s due for the first service since I’ve had it.

Sorry to hear that Mrs LP is that crook mate. Has she tried turmeric? It’s really effective for some people.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  7. Lancpudn

I've got it booked in at an MG dealership in Wigan for tomorrow morning, Barely worth having a service done on it as there's only 876 miles on it :shock: Better do it to keep the warranty. We've covered very few miles in this car & our other car since the pandemic started at the beginning of 2020.

I forgot to take the shopping list with me yesterday :facepalm: & forgot half of the stuff, I thought it was cheaper than usual :D
    She says she'll come shopping with me today at the small supermarket to get the stuff I forgot yesterday :rolleyes:
    No she's not tried turmeric & we have some in the medicine drawer too :facepalm: We're still waiting on those blood tests to see what's what with her situation as she seems befuddled to me at times, Just not her usual self.

soulman969 likes this.
  8. Lancpudn

Give me strength! They found whereabouts my bags of farmyard manure had got to, Parcel delivery centre in Warrington in Cheshire :shock: Just had another email from the tracking app & apparently it was delivered at 10:00 this morning, Nope it wasn't. :mad:

soulman969 likes this.
  9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that the smell will tip them off soon enough.

Lancpudn likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Not a good day yesterday!

With an almost $2k fine hanging over me because my boundaries are overgrown I decided I should at least try to see if slashing is even possible. I hit the low spot and barely swum the tractor through but as soon as I started climbing out the other side the tractor stalled?? I tried a couple of times and it kept cutting out! Disengaged the PTO and lifted the slasher and I drove out, so I motored up to where the grass was a little shorter and had a look.

Bloody hell there was about probably 50 metres of hi tensile fencing wire wrapped up under the slasher!

Now the fencing mob assured me that they a had picked it all up, I have also walked the boundaries and found a few rolls they missed but beloved this boundary was OK. I’ve slashed it since the fire and last year I had a small bulldozer clear that section of small stumps so I had clear access and cant believe that this wire escaped notice after all of that!

Back at the shed I raised the slasher to its maximum of about 18” and attempted to cut the wire out using bolt cutters but not enough access and it was hot so I gave up. For now. That hi tensile stuff is even hard to cut with bolt cutters and I may have to buy some twice the size. I’ve come to the conclusion that I have to take the slasher off and lift it up on it’s side to remove the blades and therefore get the wire out. I can barely move it being so heavy. Maybe a tonne?

Buggered and very disappointed I moved on to spraying a heap of weeds but 20 kilos of spray on my back for an hour or more saw me totally knackered and low in sugar. That was all I could do for the day.

We went to visit Roz as she was supposed to be heading for Melbourne for family Christmas visits today but we got a call later from her to say that her daughter Amanda has come down with Covid. (Our niece) That has put the cat amongst the pigeons and of course Roz isn’t going now. She will come here for Christmas Day now and we hope that everything is OK with her family.

Like I say, it wasn’t a very good day!

11. Lancpudn

It gets worse lol :facepalm: I got another email saying my package had been delivered again at 10:20am yesterday morning NOPE, I got onto the seller who said check with the neighbours, I said It most certainly has not been delivered here or taken to a neighbours as I've been in all day & if you want a video file from my CCTV I'll send you one over covering the entire mornings recording if you like, Ain't heard nothing since. :mad:

I'll just let it go as I don't need the hassle or headache over two bags of farmyard poop. :thumb:

Off to take the MG for it's first service shortly, Should be fun sat in a dealership waiting room for two hours waiting for it. :rolleyes:
    Apparently it needs some software updates.:dunno:

soulman969 likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

Blimey! Sounds like a tough time you had wrestling with that machinery to get the wire out of the blades, Take care mate.

soulman969 likes this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

This the slasher and it’s built like a brick dunny!
    [​IMG]
    This whats underneath!
    [​IMG]

I thought I might be able to beat it by removing the rub strips and coming in from the side and that way might be able to avoid taking it off the tractor. What do you think?

14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you wouldn't catch me laying flat on my back underneath such a device in a place where literally everything is out to kill you. (Drop bear ninjas) I also reckon that there's probably at least 25mm of plate below those studs with the square nuts and probably straight steel between them so without seeing it for myself I couldn't tell you if it's enough to work with.

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Hoping that removing the rub plates I can reach in far enough from the sides to cut the wire out. Actually it’s not things here that are dangerous as much as that life is certainly going to kill us one day anyway~

Living is inherently dangerous!

soulman969 likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

Blimey what a tangled mess, Whichever way you go about getting that wire out of there it's going to be an absolute pig of a job.

soulman969 and Digger like this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I reckon if I take off the cutting gear it should come off otherwise I agree with you.

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you have a ditch you could back that over and give yourself a better angle do ya?

Digger likes this.
  19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that overnight actually and it might be worth following through but it can wait a couple of days now I guess. Thanks for the ideas. If I have to go under I'll block it up with wood though the hydraulics have been holding for 3 days now. I also have a 1 tonne engine lift I can employ if I need to.

soulman969 and Raiyn like this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Son No 1 is coming down today for a week or so and SIL Roz is coming for lunch tomorrow. Both her kids have been exposed to Covid and her daughter and partner have it. She was going to Melbourne to have Christmas with them but now she’ll be here with us. Boxing Day son No2 is coming down to say G’day so it will be a little bit Christmassy I suppose. Looney Tunes in the area now for the next month with holiday makers so we will try and keep out of town as much as possible.

soulman969, Lancpudn and Raiyn like this.