Where’s Lancpudin?

Raiyn

Reaction score
Son No 1 is coming down today for a week or so and SIL Roz is coming for lunch tomorrow. Both her kids have been exposed to Covid and her daughter and partner have it. She was going to Melbourne to have Christmas with them but now she’ll be here with us. Boxing Day son No2 is coming down to say G’day so it will be a little bit Christmassy I suppose. Looney Tunes in the area now for the next month with holiday makers so we will try and keep out of town as much as possible.
Be safe, be well. Also, congratulations on post 4600 in this thread. I'm not sure why that's a big deal, just noticed it and thought it was cool.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
We got a Turkey crown for Christmas dinner & just taken it out of the freezer to defrost for 24 hours. I might just clean the car this morning as it's looking like a Minnesota car with the Winter salt/muck from the roads :D

Digger

Reaction score
Be safe, be well. Also, congratulations on post 4600 in this thread. I'm not sure why that's a big deal, just noticed it and thought it was cool.
Well thank you, I have no idea how many anyone has got, most especially me.

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
I was in the staring phase of cleaning up around the house yesterday for family visits here for Christmas today when my doctor called me as he said he would, to see how my bronchitis was going. As a result he insisted I immediately stop what I was doing and travel the 40 minutes to the clinic down the coast so he could listen to my chest. I knew I wasn’t too bad but only idiots don’t listen to their doctors, so off I went.

I was slipped in the backroom so he could fit me in between patients so I had a fair old wait. OK he reckons I’ve got arthritis and asthma, so again after a long wait I picked up antibiotics and steroids from the nearby chemist. Well that fair buggered my morning plans!

I got changed and did an hours clearing up and cleaning, it gets pretty messy living at ground level living in a paddock!
Post booster symptoms kicked in quickly with back pain amplifying by a factor of 4, so apart from preparing the fish for tea that was my day. Should be good today though.

Son Greg arrived from Melbourne shortly after that and we sat up late chatting.

Raiyn

Reaction score
We got a Turkey crown for Christmas dinner & just taken it out of the freezer to defrost for 24 hours. I might just clean the car this morning as it's looking like a Minnesota car with the Winter salt/muck from the roads :D
:laugh2:
I genuinely felt bad turning this in back in February after driving it to and around MN and back to Florida.
IMG_20210225_220719 (1).jpg
The silver paint makes it look better than it was. You didn't want to casually brush against it at all. We left a suggestion to pay attention to the underbody wash - because rust never sleeps.

Well thank you, I have no idea how many anyone has got, most especially me.
I meant that it was #4600 in the whole of the thread, pretty darn successful if I may say so.

Merry Christmas you guys!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all. :) I'm on veg peeling & cooking detail this morning, Just put the turkey crown & pigs in blankets in the oven for Christmas dinner & am in the process of making some sage & onion stuffing.

soulman969

Reaction score
UQQDgP9h.jpg

Oh my God, that is a mess Rob. Worse than a tangled fishing line and 100x more difficult to repair. Crazy bad luck there mate. Hope you can repair it.

Looks like we've all had our battles this past week. Mine were initially based on just feeling somewhat punk last Sunday enough so that to err on the safe side I canceled out of jam with some friends. With this new COVID variant being as easily transmitted as it is even mild symptoms call for precautions.

Turns out it wasn't COVID but more likely just by sinus infection kicking my ass due to the dryness. It's too tough to keep the main section of this place humidified when the heat is on and outdoor RH is so low. At one point when I checked the hygrometer in my gear room is said 1% humidity. :wow:

But the worst part of the week was caused by my inadvertently putting my phone on due not disturb which causes all rings and notification to remain silent. Well when my 96 year old father can't reach me by phone he gets disturbed then disturbs my daughters wondering if they've heard from me and it becomes a phone tag free for all with messages from everyone to call them back.

Apparently I hit the do not disturb icon sometime Monday night so all day Tuesday and Wednesday no one could reach me by phone. My daughters are calling my neighbors (many have since moved out) and our property manager to find out if anyone has seen me which of course they had which settled everyone down at least to some degree until I actually discovered the problem.

So Thursday I'm calling everyone back to assure them all that I was still among the living. All of that just added to what was already a stressful week yet given my previous bouts with depression and being the holidays I guess I can appreciate their concerns. My problem is I've been alone for so long I'm simply not accustomed to people checking in on me or vice versa especially when I'm feeling a bit under the weather. But then I don't normally turn my phone off either.

It's kind of crazy where they located that icon on this phone. It's well enough hidden on a drop down menu but when I'm scrolling it's pretty easy to bring up that menu. Then to close it I have to scroll again and my if finger touches that do not disturb icon bingo.....no more ringing. This is the second time I've done it since I've had the phone. You'd think I'd have learned by now but there's no indicator letting me know I've switched it off. They should fix that.

So by Thursday when it was time to make some pre-Christmas calls it also dawned on me that my phone had not rung recently. Sure enough I have several messages from my dad and three of my daughters all pleading with me to call back. :facepalm: By yesterday I was ready to just finish the week with some added rest before heading up to Ft. Collins on Sunday to bring my little princesses their Christmas gifts and Mommy and Daddy as well.

So both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day have been spent quietly ensconced in my "cave" which is pretty typical of how I usually spend them. I'm always invited to a "family" Christmas Eve dinner at my daughters but it's always seemed best to avoid my ex and my youngest daughter who still seems to prefer disowning me for now. My being there would only make it more uncomfortable for everyone so I opt out in favor of simply having my own time with them on another day. Eventually my granddaughters will be old enough to understand.

So a very Merry Christmas to you all. :cheers:

Digger

Reaction score
Chuckle I was on veggie duty too yesterday.

We had a lovely low key Christmas with ourselves plus son Greg and Gaels sister Roz. Both stayed the night and we sat outside all afternoon nattering. It was a nice day.

Gaels killer gravy was the hero of the meal....bloody beautiful.

We took the rub strip off the slasher yesterday and I left Greg working on it while I did the veggies. With the sides off it was relatively simple to cut the wire off and remove it. As a reward he got to do some slashing!

Our other son Chris is arriving tomorrow.

Good family times.

Digger

Reaction score
Yesterday neighbour Joe arrived on his quad bike and we organised transfer of his entire herd of cows and calves to our place. It went off seamlessly with some inspired bike riding at strategic times. I stood in a neighbours gate to stop them from going astray....Grin~

So we now have 29 of the hungry buggers here going for it.

This is less than half!
ekH8yAPh.jpg

Raiyn

Reaction score
Yesterday neighbour Joe arrived on his quad bike and we organised transfer of his entire herd of cows and calves to our place. It went off seamlessly with some inspired bike riding at strategic times. I stood in a neighbours gate to stop them from going astray....Grin~

So we now have 29 of the hungry buggers here going for it.

This is less than half!
ekH8yAPh.jpg
Free lawn mooing, is free lawn mowing.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Great pic digger I'd be collecting all that dung for my compost heap too :thumb: I sowed some broad beans in the greenhouse yesterday which will be ready for Spring in the containers I planted those garlic cloves which came to nothing..... note to self! garlic from the southern hemisphere doesn't do to well up the top end :D Just buy the hardy variety. :thumb:

soulman969

Reaction score
I spent a very pleasant Sunday afternoon with my granddaugters, granddogs, and Mommy and Daddy. The little princesses got their Christmas gifts from Grandpa. A treasure trove of Barbie clothes for Rylan and her dolls and some neat bathtub toys for Rory.

Mommy and Daddy get a night out with dinner on Dad and the dogs got huge flavored rawhide bones while I got to take home two very nice slices of the prime rib Tricia had served on Christmas Eve. All told it was a great trade off and I love spending time with my "girls". tom,rylan,rory.jpg

Rory is getting quite used to seeing me now so if Mommy or Daddy aren't available my lap is as good as the next, LOL. She's becoming more open and affectionate now with each passing month and she reminds me so much of her Mom when Tricia was that same age. I'm reliving my past. :D

For some reason I don't have their Christmas picture in my desk top cue so here's one from early this fall with my son-in-law Tom and the girls.

Digger

Reaction score
I unpacked my welder trolley (UNIMIG) yesterday and started to assembly it, to find significant damage to a couple of panels. There was no damage to the packaging so I assume it was packed that way. Now I’ve waited months for this thing to come into stock and need it so I’m going to repair (as best I can) the worst of the damage.

However there will be photos of the damaged panels going off to the supplier this morning, though I doubt I will be compensated. Chinese rubbish!

Raiyn

Reaction score
I unpacked my welder trolley (UNIMIG) yesterday and started to assembly it, to find significant damage to a couple of panels. There was no damage to the packaging so I assume it was packed that way. Now I’ve waited months for this thing to come into stock and need it so I’m going to repair (as best I can) the worst of the damage.

However there will be photos of the damaged panels going off to the supplier this morning, though I doubt I will be compensated. Chinese rubbish!
I'm sure you could weld it up no problem and hit it with a couple rattle cans. :cheers:

Latest posts