Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sounds nice Ian.

30C here today so out watering early again today.

soulman969, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

It was so nice yesterday I wanted to do something in the garden. I got myself a small heated propagator for Xmas just for the Chilli, Aubergine & Sweet Pepper seeds as they take such a long time to germinate here in our local climate, I always run out of warm weather at the end of the season before they've ripened so I decided to sow some yesterday to see if I can get a head start, I'll leave it plugged in 24/7 with a temp of 20C on some bubble wrap insulation on the greenhouse bench. I'll still need to bring it indoors if there's a hard frost though.

[​IMG]

I've noticed these purple pom pom head alliums have started to push through the soil already, I don't usually see these making an appearance until the end of February beginning of March :shock:
    Lots of other Spring tulips appearing around the garden too.

[​IMG]

Mind you SWMBO was a bit worried when I said I'll leave it plugged in 24/7 as the energy bills have gone sky high here, I looked on the PC tablet that came with the smart meters & for the month of December the bill for gas & electric has more than trebled :wow:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  3. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob. The snowfall did smother the fires all but for a few hot spots the firefighters attended to. Residents are returning now to sort through what's left although I doubt much is salvageable in many homes. They're just a pile of ash.

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

We gathered up all the remaking lettuce and green onions from the garden before the freeze came.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  5. soulman969

Ah yes. The new year begins in earnest today. Time to get my plans for this year sorted out quickly now. Only 6 months left to go on my leasehold here. By the end of June I shall be elsewhere......but where? :dunno:

Lancpudn likes this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I managed to get the tractor onto the paddocks yesterday and did boundaries. The grass was so long I couldn’t see where I was putting myself and almost rolled twice. I had to leave the really wet bits as the wheels were down to the axles in mud.
    [​IMG]
    I have a little bit to finish off today.

7. Lancpudn

Great pic mate, That long grass must be a pain in the backside to cut down. I did the shopping yesterday & washed the car before the rain started yesterday, Nothing planned for today except maybe get the fleece covers out of storage to put over the seed trays I sowed, Minus C temps & hard frost last night & I forgot to cover them :facepalm:

[​IMG]

Is anyone else having to agree to cookies every time you log into this site? It's happening on MLP also. :dunno:

soulman969, Paruwi and Digger like this.
  8. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

I stay logged in

soulman969 likes this.
  9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Me, too, but on sites that don’t allow permanent login, where I have a registered account, haven’t they already set cookies? Seems pointless to have to accept something you’ve already accepted.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I've been seeing those pop ups everywhere. I'm not sure if it's a new requirement or something, but you can opt out of tracking and marketing cookies. Most places I limit to "strictly necessary". I think the performance / settings cookies might be good to have here, but I don't know for sure.

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I went to finish a bit of slashing yesterday to find that a pin had sheared off on the 3PL and when I lifted the slasher to back out one side collapsed. It looked dramatic and I couldn’t see what had gone wrong but assumed that when the tractor tried to roll on me the day before that too much pressure had been applied to the whole thing on uneven ground. I rang the dealer and Luke, one of my neighbours is the mechanic there and he dropped in on his way home and sorted it out for me. Very handy that! I have to reset the rub strips first thing but hope to finish off the slashing this morning.

At 3PM I have an appointment with our main telco in town to buy a new phone.

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Nope haven’t been outside, raining since 0730. Moving hundreds of books from a bookshelf and stacking them in the lounge as new carpet coming Monday. I hate the new carpet already....Grin~

Lancpudn, Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  13. Lancpudn

Yes it's happened on other sites too where I'm always logged in, It's been happening over the last few weeks.!

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I managed to change phones yesterday, not without drama ,but thats not important now I’m up and running.
    I bought an iPhone 13 Mini and it’s different to the 6 I had. Lightning fast though! Not sure how to use it yet but that will come. It’s bright red so should go faster????

Camera looks impressive!

15. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

The 13 is a nice phone, whether mini or not. We got one for the bride, I’m impressed with the camera, and I love the crisp edge feel. I really loved the 4 series for that solid edge feel in hand. She does, as well, but she’ll eventually need a case. I want a 13Pro for the even better camera, but I waited too long to get a good trade in price for my 11, so I’ll soldier on until 14.

Digger, soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  16. Lancpudn

I still don't know how most of the stuff works on that Moto G8 mobile phone I got, I leave it in the drawer most of the time to stop it giving me headaches :D

I had to go & get my missus yesterday afternoon as her legs locked up. She only went across the street to a friends house for a chinwag with her & couldn't make it back 200mtrs :frown:

I went on ebay to see if there were any foldable wheelchairs local to me & low & behold an almost new one that had only been used a couple of times, I put an offer in under the asking price and it was accepted (£85) :yesway:

She's not really happy about having to use a wheelchair but needs must if she cant walk anywhere now.

Just got it home before the weather turned.
    [​IMG]

Two of our cats had to check it out first though :thumb: It folds up & fits in the car OK.

[​IMG]

Digger and soulman969 like this.
  17. soulman969

These newer smart phones can be a real pain in the ass. Mine actually shut itself down last Saturday and I had to call my more Android savvy daughter and son-in-law to learn how to get it to reboot and even then it came back online in Safe Mode.

I'm not all that lacking in basic intelligence but I'm still at least somewhat offended that my phone appears to be smarter than I am. Do they make them with lesser levels of intelligence so I can at least keep up with the damn thing? :confused: :rofl:

Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I might have to drop into the telco at some stage to get a bit of help with the phone.

I need a grandchild available...they’d know!

I spoke to the bloke from the shire yesterday and he’s lifted the “clean up” oder so thats one thing I don’t have to think about now. I still need to slash a 1/4 acre piece we have closed off with an electric fence but it has to dry up first.

We are flat out emptying bedrooms in anticipation of getting new carpet down on Monday. I never realised how much “stuff” we had. I moved hundreds and hundreds of books yesterday and am tempted to take them to a church opportunity shop and donate them while I’m moving them around. Some of the best books I’ve ever read are in there
    but since I had my cataracts done I can’t read them so perhaps theres no point in keeping them, but I hate letting go. Dunno?

It feels strange trying to read a real book after so many years of reading them on Kindle and iPad. Don’t like it much to be honest.

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Huh? Did you have them installed?

20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I could read fine 2 weeks after having both cataracts done but since then it’s been going downhill.

I’m mulling over what my options are.

soulman969 likes this.