Where’s Lancpudin?

Otto99

Reaction score
I read where he is so revered in Serbia he’s one of the main reasons people won’t get vaxxed. If he would, the lines for jabs would be long.

Lancpudn

Reaction score

134937458_laussiesreturnserb.jpg.8fc9872c700671865627791c9d4fdcbe.jpg

Raiyn

Reaction score
I decided to up my soldering game.
I've retired the venerable Weller WLC-100 I've had for years and countless projects.
71VJulkK9RL._AC_SX425_.jpg

It's been replaced with a Hakko FX888D rig.
61BuDfeFRVL._SX466_.jpg

Which, despite its Fisher-Price color scheme, is quite the capable rig and better suited to pedal builds than the old rig due to better heat control and a grounded tip, which the previous unit didn't have. Not having a grounded tip is fine in a guitar, but can be risky in a situation with discreet components like transistors, IC, etc. where the risk of ESD is higher. Since most of my lead slinging these days is building pedals and the odd electrical repair job you can see why I decided it was time.

Digger

Reaction score
Just been into town to buy a plastic mat for under my new office chair. Very nice indeed!
Bella got 20 kilos of dry dog food, other wise known as DDF.

Having a cuppa and trying the chair out to recover from lots of lifting.
Chair is good and at least my chin isn’t hitting the desk now....Grin~

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I decided to up my soldering game.
I've retired the venerable Weller WLC-100 I've had for years and countless projects.
71VJulkK9RL._AC_SX425_.jpg

It's been replaced with a Hakko FX888D rig.
61BuDfeFRVL._SX466_.jpg

Which, despite its Fisher-Price color scheme, is quite the capable rig and better suited to pedal builds than the old rig due to better heat control and a grounded tip, which the previous unit didn't have. Not having a grounded tip is fine in a guitar, but can be risky in a situation with discreet components like transistors, IC, etc. where the risk of ESD is higher. Since most of my lead slinging these days is building pedals and the odd electrical repair job you can see why I decided it was time.

Nice bit o kit Raiyn, My soldering was always a bit hit & miss, probably because I seldom used it to gain experience with it.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Nice bit o kit Raiyn, My soldering was always a bit hit & miss, probably because I seldom used it to gain experience with it.
Thanks, I'd been looking at a new rig for a while now and this last pedal build sort of pushed me over the line.
There's a daughter board in there with super tiny SMD components that plays the digitally recorded "crashes" when you jar the pedal. While that came preassembled, it was an eye opener.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Routine doctors appointment today.

Still no face-to-face doctors appointments here unless it's absolutely necessary, all telephone or online appointments only.
The doctors have threatened industrial action over the government trying to force them into getting back to face-to-face appointments.:shock:

I was mixing some used compost with horse manure in those wheelie bins I salvaged from a neighbours skip a few months ago, It wasn't mixing very well as it was frozen solid lol, I thought I'll get it all mixed up ready for Spring but it'll have to wait. :thumb:

Digger

Reaction score
My doctor is leaving and I’m gutted! Navin is heading off to spend time in an ICU as he needs the experience to be accepted in the Flying Doctor service which is his ambition.

He’s like a personal friend, great bloke and I’m really going to miss him!

However my previous doctor Kath is coming back and she’s a sweetie, so not all bad.

This is a one day a week clinic in a small rural town, totally different to going to clinics in town.

Digger

Reaction score
Off to get a haircut this morning! I tried to arrange a phone appointment but couldn’t~
Then to the hardware to try and get hoses and things right here. Hoses and fittings are rubbish since the rise of China as a supplier!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Off to get a haircut this morning! I tried to arrange a phone appointment but couldn’t~
Then to the hardware to try and get hoses and things right here. Hoses and fittings are rubbish since the rise of China as a supplier!

I mixed up the last of the manure & used compost into a wheelie bin yesterday & when I used the hosepipe nozzle to rinse away the dirt on the driveway the nozzle fell to pieces :shock: I've ordered a brass one off the ebay, More expensive but as I use it a lot I thought enough is enough with the plastic ones, I nearly always forget to take the multi nozzle gun off the hosepipe over Winter as the ice splits them every year :facepalm:

Otto99

Reaction score
My doctor is leaving and I’m gutted! Navin is heading off to spend time in an ICU as he needs the experience to be accepted in the Flying Doctor service which is his ambition.
I would feel the same way. My primary care doctor is a loveable teddy bear of a guy, and we really hit it off when I went for an appointment wearing a drum and bugle corps t-shirt. Turns out he was in a corps that I was very familiar with, so we spent half the appointment talking about our favorite shows over the years!

Digger

Reaction score
I mixed up the last of the manure & used compost into a wheelie bin yesterday & when I used the hosepipe nozzle to rinse away the dirt on the driveway the nozzle fell to pieces :shock: I've ordered a brass one off the ebay, More expensive but as I use it a lot I thought enough is enough with the plastic ones, I nearly always forget to take the multi nozzle gun off the hosepipe over Winter as the ice splits them every year :facepalm:

I’ve been buying brass also but find it incompatible with the plastic fittings if I try and mix them. I bought a made up short section of hose yesterday as I just needed a bit more and the fitting fell off, not done up more than a couple of turns I suspect. Importers and big retailers squeeze the manufacturers for the lowest price possible and mark goods up as if they are top quality and let me tell you most of it is rubbish. Greedy buggers!

Can we go back to making things here, or the USA or Germany please? I’d rather pay more.

Digger

Reaction score
So SIL Roz is coming out for lunch today and I need to mow the lawn. I need to get out as soon as it dries enough and get it cut, After that I’m going to fire up the wood oven outside and cook a leg of lamb and roast veggies for lunch and we will eat outside, so a busy morning ahead.

Need to clean the BBQ too after cooking last nights steak.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
So SIL Roz is coming out for lunch today and I need to mow the lawn. I need to get out as soon as it dries enough and get it cut, After that I’m going to fire up the wood oven outside and cook a leg of lamb and roast veggies for lunch and we will eat outside, so a busy morning ahead.

Need to clean the BBQ too after cooking last nights steak.

Yum that sounds good mate, Haven't had any lamb for quite a while as the price of it has skyrocketed here. I don't think I'll be doing anything today apart from filling the bird feeders up with seed.

Digger

Reaction score
I’ve got some brass fittings and together they are OK, it’s just mixing plastic and brass doesn’t seem to work very well.

I grabbed my Stillsons yesterday and tightened every connection to within and inch of it’s life!
Hand tightening obviously isn’t enough.
See how that goes?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
OOo! Got an email from Dove tail games last night Train Sim World 2 saying they are having a festival of railways sale & I snagged some BR routes for 75% off :applause: Southwestern High Speed London st Pancras to Faversham (remember the Beverley Hillbillies TV program in the 1960's confusing Faversham with an English greeting word :D)
The other I bought was a Brighton to Lewes route. :dude:

Raiyn

Reaction score
OOo! Got an email from Dove tail games last night Train Sim World 2 saying they are having a festival of railways sale & I snagged some BR routes for 75% off :applause: Southwestern High Speed London st Pancras to Faversham (remember the Beverley Hillbillies TV program in the 1960's confusing Faversham with an English greeting word :D)
The other I bought was a Brighton to Lewes route. :dude:

Hrmm. They got any old Soo Line, Duluth Missabe & Iron Range or Duluth Winnepeg & Pacific routes?

Latest posts