Where’s Lancpudin?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Blimey! I almost forgot my wife's birthday today :facepalm: I had to nip to the corner shop first thing this morning to get her a birthday card :yesway: Breakfast in bed for the good lady that gets me some brownie points :D

Digger

Reaction score
Oh yeah I bought an Apple Macbook Air yesterday as the iPad isn’t satisfactory for correspondence, something I do a lot of. Didn’t need a Pro as it will mainly be used for mail.

Otto99

Reaction score
Whilst both kids are alright both have lots of unresolved pain currently, especially Grant. It’s very hard on donors more than recipients apparently.
Yep, hurts like Hell. I jettisoned my left kidney in 2009, and they wanted to send me home the second day. I said not only no, but Hell, no. But in about a week, I was up and moving about the house, and two weeks later, back at work. You can’t really even see the scars anymore.

Digger

Reaction score
Got my computer bloke coming to do some work today. Used to do it all myself and for friends but I don’t need the aggrevation these days.

Talked to my daughter Kellie in hospital yesterday briefly. She is still partly sedated but charge nurse says she's doing really well.

Packed up the Mothers Day art show yesterday and it was a great success. We have a painting here that we are thinking of buying for our SIL Grant for what he’s done for Kellie in giving her a kidney. They have one of Rod’s watercolours and love it (as have we). It’s a bit expensive but we will talk to Rod Cross today and see if we can get it a bit cheaper.

What do you think? Kell & Grant live right on the water and everything is a nautical theme in their house.
1652044042695.png

Otto99

Reaction score
Got my computer bloke coming to do some work today. Used to do it all myself and for friends but I don’t need the aggrevation these days.

Talked to my daughter Kellie in hospital yesterday briefly. She is still partly sedated but charge nurse says she's doing really well.

Packed up the Mothers Day art show yesterday and it was a great success. We have a painting here that we are thinking of buying for our SIL Grant for what he’s done for Kellie in giving her a kidney. They have one of Rod’s watercolours and love it (as have we). It’s a bit expensive but we will talk to Rod Cross today and see if we can get it a bit cheaper.

What do you think? Kell & Grant live right on the water and everything is a nautical theme in their house.
View attachment 17554
That’s gorgeous!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
That's a great gesture mate. Cracking painting.

The lawns need mowing again already so I shall be on gardening duties today, Finally got around to ordering a stainless steel hand trowel & fork set instead of those cheap Chinese sets that bend in half at the slightest bit of hard soil :frown:
As they're bent at a 60 degree angle they did come in handy for rooting out snails from awkward places. I found out where they've been hiding after devouring my plants :mad:
Over a dozen were sent airborne over the back field :D

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Sure you didn't just fling them into Dinkleberg's garden?

I like it. That'd be a great gift.

LOL Yeah I've tossed a few into the neighbourhoods clowns garden across the back a few times :D

Digger

Reaction score
I had a good day yesterday with a nice talk to both Kellie & Grant on the phone. Both are doing OK. Then our computer bloke came and spent ages here fixing all my gripes. Everything is working as I want now and the new Macbook is very nice indeed.

Today we are off to the Mornington Pensinsula south of Melbourne to stay with our son and family and other family visiting us there tonight, then tomorrow we head to the hospital to visit Kellie, then return home. It’s a 4 hour drive each way.

Grant is coming home today and we will see him Friday or Saturday.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I had a good day yesterday with a nice talk to both Kellie & Grant on the phone. Both are doing OK. Then our computer bloke came and spent ages here fixing all my gripes. Everything is working as I want now and the new Macbook is very nice indeed.

Today we are off to the Mornington Pensinsula south of Melbourne to stay with our son and family and other family visiting us there tonight, then tomorrow we head to the hospital to visit Kellie, then return home. It’s a 4 hour drive each way.

Grant is coming home today and we will see him Friday or Saturday.
Glad to hear this is turning out pretty well for you folks.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I need to look in the big laurel bush in the corner of the garden to see if there are any birds nesting as it's overdue a trim with the electric hedge clippers.
If there are nests in there I shall be on mowing duties.

Digger

Reaction score
We’ve had a busy but enjoyable couple of days up in the “Big Smoke”. Got back late last night.

We stayed with son Chris and his family the night before last with 2 granddaughters and a third visited with Pyper our great granddaughter. Greg our other son came for tea also. It was good night and Pyper is drop dead gorgeous!

Yesterday we headed up to the big hospital where Kellie & Grant were to find that both were being discharged later that day. Kellie looked fantastic! We are thrilled with how she is though poor Grant looks pretty worse for wear having donated his kidney unfortunately. He will be fine but it will take a few weeks for him to get back to normal. We had lunch there with them. So thrilled about Kell!

Long drive home after dark and when we picked up Bella from Gael’s sister she had made us tea to take home. We are so lucky with our family.

I see a quiet day ahead today.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Glad to hear it was a good trip with good news mate. :yesway:

The three or so nests in there were empty so I got the ladders & hedge clippers out trimmed the sides & took 2' off the height, If I can keep them from going above the height of the single ladder it's not too hard of a job.
I put the bird feeders back up when I'd finished & not a single bird has come to feed on them since :shock:
I think I must have upset their territory or something :facepalm:

I think a day off for me too as I'm aching in places I didn't know I had unless the Spring onion seeds I ordered turn up in the post.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I think I must have upset their territory or something :facepalm:
I mean you sank their runway two feet... To be fair, I'd imagine some pilots being rather skeptical if suddenly their landing zone was a good deal lower and narrower than when they left.
:cheers:

Digger

Reaction score
I pulled out the beans yesterday as the plants are browning off and pulled some weeds too. Pottered in the garden and shed mostly and had a haircut mid afternoon. I need to put out bait in the shed every few days as we have a rodent problem again this year. It’s too expensive to buy from the supermarkets in domestic quantities so I buy bigger containers from farm supplies @ $65 a tub.

Our garden trailer had a flat so I took the wheel into town to buy a new one so I’d have a spare but no luck, so it’s in getting repaired. Be ready this morning! I use the old ride on to tow it over and fill with firewood and to take the rubbish up to the gate for collection. Barrowing wood around is a bit tiring for an old bloke like me nowadays.

Son Greg will be down by lunchtime as he wants a load of firewood, but he can split his own.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I mean you sank their runway two feet... To be fair, I'd imagine some pilots being rather skeptical if suddenly their landing zone was a good deal lower and narrower than when they left.
:cheers:

Oh heck! It must have upset them big time, Still not a single bird this morning :frown:

Digger

Reaction score
Our Grandaughter Kaela (Kellie's daughter) is a nurse. She’s completed her SN and is doing a degree to become an RN. At the same time she is doing a degree in psychology. She already has a degree in Music Business management. Last week her university contacted her to say she is in the top 15 in the university and was going to be offered a raft of benefits in the coming year including scholarships. She is currently overseeing her parents recovery from major surgery.

Sometimes young people can be amazing.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Our Grandaughter Kaela (Kellie's daughter) is a nurse. She’s completed her SN and is doing a degree to become an RN. At the same time she is doing a degree in psychology. She already has a degree in Music Business management. Last week her university contacted her to say she is in the top 15 in the university and was going to be offered a raft of benefits in the coming year including scholarships. She is currently overseeing her parents recovery from major surgery.

Sometimes young people can be amazing.

Good on Kaela, Sounds like she's a smart girl. Not much on today apart from taking some of the tomato plants to family & friends today to make some room in the greenhouse.