Where’s Lancpudin?

Digger

Reaction score
Sigh...ES335!

Just for a change yesterday I split firewood. Came in with stuffed knees, a pain up my back up to my lower skull and had crushed fingers 3 times. Oh what fun! Got a good lot split though! Grin~ I’m gonna miss this when I’m too old to do this heavy stuff~

Lancpudn

Reaction score
The pigeon saga continues, Almost grabbed the pigeon yesterday but it riddled out of my grasp yet again, You just cant see whereabouts it is as you're reaching up the chimney blind. Not many tail feathers left on it judging by the handful I had :facepalm:

Those MRI scanners don't half make a noise! It's a cross between a 1950's Sci-Fi ray gun noise & someone hammering on metal :shock: I have to wait for the results.

Digger

Reaction score
The last one I had I was immersed in it and felt mildly claustophobic. The operator said do you want so music and I asked for Led Zepp. It was good quality sound and I was grooving to “Dazed & Confused" when sjhe said I’d have to keep still for the next bit. I said “You’ve got to be kidding me, you’ve got me listing to Led Zepp at a zillion decibels and you WANT ME TO KEEP STILL?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
So, did you have the open MRI, or the old "iron lung" type deal?

Whitefang

It was the old type where you lie down on the table & it moves you inside the thing, They put earphones on you because of the noise. I think it's rearranged my earwax as I can hardly hear a thing since :shock:
The pigeon saga is finally over, I heard it flapping again in the night & found it dead in the grate this morning. I'll have to board the hole up again.....until next time.

soulman969

Reaction score
Time to wrap up in Ft. Collins and head back to Denver to finish packing up and get ready for a move. Gotta be back up here in Monday to get ready for a training and indoctrination starting on Tuesday.

I'm chomping at the bit to get started on that and so much looking forward to being up here where the air is much cleaner and there's so much more open space.

I heard coyotes howling in the distance last night and there are train tracks just a mile or so west of here so I can hear the horns blowing as they approach a crossing nearby.

It feels like old Colorado the way it was near my old house when we moved here in 1983. Looking forward to getting settled in soon and enjoying my new surroundings.

Whitefang

Reaction score
It was the old type where you lie down on the table & it moves you inside the thing, They put earphones on you because of the noise. I think it's rearranged my earwax as I can hardly hear a thing since :shock:
The pigeon saga is finally over, I heard it flapping again in the night & found it dead in the grate this morning. I'll have to board the hole up again.....until next time.
Yeah, the first time I had one of those it was in the "chamber". Had to remove my metallic framed partial plate along with my watch and such. They gave me no earplugs, but I didn't find it to be too noisy anyway. Actually, since I went to get it after a 9 hour shift at work, once it was over and the table I was on rolled out they had to wake me up! :D
Whitefang

Digger

Reaction score
Emergency wood run today!

Poor Roz bought a load of wood (because I wasn’t ready) and it doesn’t stay alight and has little heat. It’s cold here ATM so she’s in trouble.
Well ready or not I have to get some to her today and it has to be cut smaller than ours and shorter.

It mucks my plans up but what can you do?

Early start!

Digger

Reaction score
Yeah, the first time I had one of those it was in the "chamber". Had to remove my metallic framed partial plate along with my watch and such. They gave me no earplugs, but I didn't find it to be too noisy anyway. Actually, since I went to get it after a 9 hour shift at work, once it was over and the table I was on rolled out they had to wake me up! :D
Whitefang
I wonder how I’d go with a couple of titanium screws in the knuckle of my left hand? Airport scanners too?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
My daughter will be joining the ranks of you pick up truck guys tomorrow! :shock: The electric tailgate on her Ford Kuga/Escape went belly up & was the last straw. she said that's it! I'm not spending another penny on that thing.
She's spent thousands on it in repairs lately so she said time for something else, It's a 2019 diesel Ford Ranger crew cab thing.
I said that's great timing as the average price of diesel hit a new record price of £1.99/litre here :wow: That's £8.96/UK gallon. $10.88 AUD15.81 CAD14.00 €10.39. Scandalous.

Whitefang

Reaction score
I wonder how I’d go with a couple of titanium screws in the knuckle of my left hand? Airport scanners too?
Don't know about the MRI, but I have five titanium screws in my back due to spinal fusion surgery, and was disappointed when the surgeon told me they WOULDN'T set off the alarms of the store exit metal detectors. :frown:

I was hoping to have some fun with that. ;)

Whitefang

Digger

Reaction score
Don't know about the MRI, but I have five titanium screws in my back due to spinal fusion surgery, and was disappointed when the surgeon told me they WOULDN'T set off the alarms of the store exit metal detectors. :frown:

I was hoping to have some fun with that. ;)

Whitefang
It sounds like I’ll be alright then thanks.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Harvested the first 30 ltr bucket of potatoes yesterday afternoon, A first early variety called Red Dukes of York :yesway:

44shxlll.jpg

That pickup truck is kinda a tight squeeze getting it up the narrow service road entrance especially with cars parked too close to the entrance.

NzKkomkl.jpg