Where’s Lancpudin?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I was trying to chase up this heparin medication I'm supposed to start today prior to the biopsy next week with no joy all yesterday, My doc cant get in touch with the urologist consultant to prescribe them to me. :dunno:
The nurses on the urology dept said if I don't start the new meds today the biopsy cant go ahead & it'll be cancelled. Deep joy, I want to try & get this prostate malarkey sorted out sooner rather than later.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Tipped a 30ltr bucket of 'Pink Fir Apple' potatoes out yesterday & I think I've got a new favourite spud, Strange shaped potatoes but boy are they good eating with just a knob of butter & seasoning.

KWlkN32l.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
Tipped a 30ltr bucket of 'Pink Fir Apple' potatoes out yesterday & I think I've got a new favourite spud, Strange shaped potatoes but boy are they good eating with just a knob of butter & seasoning.

KWlkN32l.jpg
They look like Kipfler potatoes here though a bit more pink. They’re nice too.

Digger

Reaction score
I did farmer stuff today, running the slasher over paddocks slightly raised to leave the grass and top the weeds we’ve inherited since the fire.

It was about 4C when I was doing it and as always I didn’t wear enough clothes...froze my bum off~

I cleaned up about 6 acres and it looks much improved though have about the same to go to finish it. Still thinking about reseeding.

soulman969

Reaction score
I did farmer stuff today, running the slasher over paddocks slightly raised to leave the grass and top the weeds we’ve inherited since the fire.

It was about 4C when I was doing it and as always I didn’t wear enough clothes...froze my bum off~

I cleaned up about 6 acres and it looks much improved though have about the same to go to finish it. Still thinking about reseeding.
It always freaks me out that it's winter Downunder while we're doing summer. The idea of decorating a palm tree at Christmas makes me smile. It's just such an upside down thought.

Day three of my training session for this new position. Lot's of sensory overload but I wish I'd have begun work for this company years ago. What a great organization and a great employee culture. Easy to see how these guys got to be the "big dogs" in their marketplace.

Raiyn

Reaction score
It always freaks me out that it's winter Downunder while we're doing summer. The idea of decorating a palm tree at Christmas makes me smile. It's just such an upside down thought.

Day three of my training session for this new position. Lot's of sensory overload but I wish I'd have begun work for this company years ago. What a great organization and a great employee culture. Easy to see how these guys got to be the "big dogs" in their marketplace.
I went Spigen on the last three phone cases (my two and a replacement for SWMBO) but I might have to go Otterbox for the next one - since I have a man on the inside now.

No, that wasn't me asking for a discount. I just like supporting brands that support those I consider friends.

Digger

Reaction score

Yeah Christmas doesn’t quite work here in that regard, at least not for me.

Aussies frequently spend Christmas Day on the beach with seafood and salads or around the BBQ. We don’t bother with trees and stuff, not since the kids were little.

Great to hear that you’ve found a worthwhile company to work for.

soulman969

Reaction score
Yeah Christmas doesn’t quite work here in that regard, at least not for me.

Aussies frequently spend Christmas Day on the beach with seafood and salads or around the BBQ. We don’t bother with trees and stuff, not since the kids were little.

Great to hear that you’ve found a worthwhile company to work for.
Thanks Rob. I've not experienced anything this synergistic since I began my first job at age 19 with the company I was with for 13 years back in Wisconsin. And the other nice thing is they seem to like have old codgers like me around.....LOL.

I wouldn't mind spending a Christmas at the beach myself. :D
:cheers:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It started off a good day yesterday but seemed to go downhill there after! I got an email from a site I've been subscribed to for years & was told I've won a prize, Yabbadabba :dude:. An hour or so later I managed to get the relevant app (Telegram) set up on this bleddy mobile phone to communicate with them :D
They tell me I've won a fat tyre trails electric bicycle :yesway:

It's in China & I've got to pay shipping of around £75. It's a Bona fide company so I know I'm not being scammed.

I thought well the bikes worth at least £600 so yeah. They said a paypal payment was the method of payment so yet another app to set up on this bleddy mobile phone which took forever again :facepalm:

Sent the payment only for it to be refunded after an hour, In the meantime I've to save a screenshot of the online paypal bill & send it to them via this Telegram app, Studying astrophysics would be bleddy easier than fathoming out how to do that :frown:
They gave me another paypal address to send the payment to so i sent another payment but that's been pending since yesterday so I don't know what's happening :dunno: I'm not cut out for this modern payment malarkey with bleddy mobile phones, Did I mention how much I hate bleddy mobile phones :rofl:.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Sounds like a con mate.

The first problem is the reliance on Telegram for communication. The second is the failed PayPal. Whatever you do DO NOT send any more money and for damn sure don't send it outside a business context. No "friends and family" shit. The only people I PayPal outside of the business transaction setup are actual friends and / or family with RARE exceptions where I know the situation or trust the information I have.

Digger

Reaction score
Sounds like a con mate.

The first problem is the reliance on Telegram for communication. The second is the failed PayPal. Whatever you do DO NOT send any more money and for damn sure don't send it outside a business context. No "friends and family" shit. The only people I PayPal outside of the business transaction setup are actual friends and / or family with RARE exceptions where I know the situation or trust the information I have.
I agree and also believe it ’s a con unfortunately.

Digger

Reaction score
Gael and I went out on a “date” yesterday!

We were sick of hanging around home so went into the cinema to see Elvis the movie. Not that we have ever been that enraptured but there wasn’t anything else that appealed to us. It was long but bought back all of Elvis's life that we also lived through and was a reminder of what a big part he played in musical history, like him or not! The highlight was his musical influences from early on which were mostly black music. Blues and gospel and incredibly powerful scenes firstly from a Blues Shack and secondly from a gopsel meeting. I don’t remember anything that has moved me to the degree these did, previously. Big Momma Thornton, Little Richard, excellent portrayals. We sat cuddled up together on a comfortable couch and held hands and that was lovely. Lunch afterwards and a lively chat about the film completed a beaut outing with my best lady. We will be doing it again!

soulman969

Reaction score
End of a long week. Still on sensory overload. Not so much complicated as a very complex IT based customer service system that's interlinked to support teams and quality assurance people that analyze the metrics produced.

I get the big picture but not fully up on the operations yet. That'll take awhile longer. Probably a good month in all before I'm on a roll.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Sounds like a con mate.

Nah I'm not sending any more dosh, They did refund my last paypal payment though.