Where’s Lancpudin?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I recall the DVT doctor saying similar things about getting some exercise as apart from gardening I'm pretty much sat down at the computer watching the world go round.
I used to do a lot of swimming but all the local swimming baths have been closed down, A few hipster type gyms full of people wearing Lycra have sprang up :shock: charging a fortune to use their pool.

I've got some sweet peppers to harvest today.

vksbJXel.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
I recall the DVT doctor saying similar things about getting some exercise as apart from gardening I'm pretty much sat down at the computer watching the world go round.
I used to do a lot of swimming but all the local swimming baths have been closed down, A few hipster type gyms full of people wearing Lycra have sprang up :shock: charging a fortune to use their pool.

I've got some sweet peppers to harvest today.

vksbJXel.jpg
Maybe if you set those peppers loose and had to chase them down?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
For now I've ordered a foot rest for under my desk that can also be used to raise my feet at night when I sleep..... provided I can actually sleep like that. Doctors are always great with theories that are far more difficult to put into practice. I also ordered some athletic support socks. Let's see how all of that works before we go any farther down the rabbit hole.

Digger

Reaction score
I have chest X-Rays at the hospital this morning, see whats going on.

3 medical appointments this week...so far.....strewth!

Otto99

Reaction score
For now I've ordered a foot rest for under my desk that can also be used to raise my feet at night when I sleep..... provided I can actually sleep like that. Doctors are always great with theories that are far more difficult to put into practice. I also ordered some athletic support socks. Let's see how all of that works before we go any farther down the rabbit hole.
Right after the hip replacement, in bed they wanted me to have a wedgey sort of ramp support starting at the butt, thighs on the upward incline, and calves on the downward slope. It felt good. If you don’t roll around too much when you sleep, you won’t notice it. If you do, you might sleep better with it, and even adding support to both legs.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Right after the hip replacement, in bed they wanted me to have a wedgey sort of ramp support starting at the butt, thighs on the upward incline, and calves on the downward slope. It felt good. If you don’t roll around too much when you sleep, you won’t notice it. If you do, you might sleep better with it, and even adding support to both legs.
Thanks Greg. That foot rest arrived today and I've been using it all day so I'm comfortable enough with it tomorrow when I'm working. It does feel like it's helping not only my lower legs but also my back. It's forcing me to sit more upright and back in my chair to take advantage of the lumbar support.

Haven't tried it sleeping yet but I will in awhile once the Sandman knocks.

Digger

Reaction score
Today I have an appointment with a surgeon to start the process for a gastroscophy to see whats going on in my oesophagus

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
In the last week away things have started to come on especially our few veggies. Last night we had silver beet from the garden and it was yummy!
I mowed last week and it needs doing again already...Sigh~

Spring has sprung!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
THis could be a game changer!

An EV battery that charges in 10 minutes and delivers 1000 kilometre range.

I'll be taking Mam for a hospital appointment later this morning to have the battery in her pacemaker changed.

Good video. I read about CATL Qilin battery the other day, As he says the battery tech is moving so fast now it will be totally different in the next few years, Even this MG ZS EV of mine will resemble a dinosaur by then :shock:

Digger

Reaction score
Thanks Greg,

Process is started and it’s the surgeon that removed my gall bladder and he’s OK.
Dysphagia gives me the highest priority apparently so I should only have to wait a couple of weeks before I get the gastroscopy.

OTOH I mentioned I’d had X-Rays there the day before for the chest infection and he was able to access them. Other than signs of some congestion there isn’t anything too dramatic to see, though the pathologists interpretaion still needs to come through.
Satisfied with all that so far and moving forward.

Back into town first thing to see my podiatrist.

I need to make an appointment to have yearly eye tests still but that can wait until next week.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Not a bad report card then mate :yesway: Mams appointment yesterday turned into a bit of a marathon, It was a four hour jobby to replace the pacemaker battery & recovery time after local anesthetic because of her age.

I went out & did some shopping for us both to kill some time & even managed to get my car registration number exempt from hospital car parking fees for the next twelve months:applause:It's been costing a lot lately with endless appointments & there's no hiding from those ANPR cameras as they log you in the second you turn into the hospital grounds, If you don't log out/pay at the payment machines there will be a £70 fine in the post. :frown:

I might mow the lawns later if they dry out a bit.

Digger

Reaction score
However theres a thing called “aspiration" that I didn’t understand which might be the cause of the unresolved chest infection.

Surgeon has me on top priority and is doing the Gastroscophy on Monday morning.

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score

Raiyn

Reaction score
However theres a thing called “aspiration" that I didn’t understand which might be the cause of the unresolved chest infection.

Surgeon has me on top priority and is doing the Gastroscophy on Monday morning.
From WebMD
Aspiration is when something you swallow "goes down the wrong way" and enters your airway or lungs. It can also happen when something goes back into your throat from your stomach. But your airway isn’t completely blocked, unlike with choking.

Either way, not fun.

Digger

Reaction score
Ouch! Get a load of these new public EV rapid charger pricing because of the skyhigh price of energy here :wow:As of today one of the big public charging companies (Osprey) have raised their prices to £1/kWh :shock: They're now more expensive that the high petrol diesel / prices we have here. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/la...st-rise-increases-rapid-charging-to-1-per-kwh
This whole EV thing only works in my mind if the manufacturing process is more green than that of regular vehicles and partiucluarkly if the source of the electricity to charge them is totally green.

Otto99

Reaction score
This whole EV thing only works in my mind if the manufacturing process is more green than that of regular vehicles and partiucluarkly if the source of the electricity to charge them is totally green.
Not sure about the rest of the planet, but we’re nowhere near ready with charging stations to get any sort of distance traveled, added to the fact they often get blocked by huge gas swilling trucks. Then there’s the US being solidly in the pocket of the petroleum industry, so even if there weren’t ecological questions about battery production and we could go 1,000 miles on a charge, I don’t see us being totally EV in my lifetime. That said, thanks to purchase points from the grocer, I got premium (the one requirement I dislike about BMWs) for $3.29 a gallon. These days, that’s a bargain, as last time I filled up, and the Shell station didn’t offer the points, I paid $5.05. Had to take on the expense as I’m going to get my mother tomorrow and bring her here for her 90th birthday fete. BTW, anybody got any suggestions on how to convince a stubborn, hard headed old woman that it’s real stupid to insist on living 3 hours from her nearest relative? Any advice is welcome. 😁

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Not much to report except that life has again fallen into a fairly predictable pattern. Work is very good and with luck I'll earn some bonus $$$ this month.

The company believes we have worked so hard to make the release of the new cases for the iPhone 14 go smoothly that they're declaring a company wide business holiday Thursday and Friday 10/13 and 10/14 so a paid two holiday for jobs well done. A nice 4 day weekend!!

How many other companies would do that?

Otto99

Reaction score
Tha
Not much to report except that life has again fallen into a fairly predictable pattern. Work is very good and with luck I'll earn some bonus $$$ this month.

The company believes we have worked so hard to make the release of the new cases for the iPhone 14 go smoothly that they're declaring a company wide business holiday Thursday and Friday 10/13 and 10/14 so a paid two holiday for jobs well done. A nice 4 day weekend!!

How many other companies would do tha
Wicked! They got a branch in Memphis?

Latest posts